Technology: My first impressions on the course websites & tools

When it comes to the technology we'll be using in this class, I was familiar with quite a few of the tools listed on the course wiki. For example, I've used Canva before to design covers for some of the stories I've self-published on Amazon (or plan to self-publish). I've also used Twine before for a class project in Spanish for my transatlantic literature class last spring. I've used WordPress before to create an OU create website freshman year when I was in Intro to Mass Comm for Gaylord, and I've also used Wix before to create a personal portfolio website for my Capstone class in Professional Writing. Though I'm sure I won't be using all of these tools for this online course, I'm looking forward to brushing up on my skills with these tools when creating my projects.

An example of one of the book covers I've designed using Canva. Simple, yet (hopefully) effective. (Personal image) 


As far as the main course websites go, the ones I'm most eager to use are the "UnTexbook" and Freebookapalooza. Few things excite me more than free educational resources, and whenever I get the chance to bookmark fun websites like those that I know I'd like to revisit in the future, I try to take advantage of those opportunities and make the most of my learning. Ultimately, I've never taken an online class before so I wasn't sure what to expect with this one, but so far I'm appreciating the layout of it and the materials available for us.

The directions on this class wiki inspired me to finally organize my Chrome bookmarks, too. (Image by Erol Ahmed via unsplash

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a Wisconsin gal who likes a lot of things

My favorite places: Clermont-Ferrand, Edinburgh, Milwaukee

My thoughts on growth mindset